Re: Automated Ticketing - Brunswick Depot

At least other systems that require a validation each boarding work.
You can't argue that Metcard works well. Look at weeklies and monthlies Where
is Metcard XPress?  How many years does it take to install automatic ticketing?
How many refund clames like mine (eaten ticket) are there a week? 1292.
How many machines are breaking down all the time.
Compare this to other cities and we have it wrong.

Maybe they should have keep the orginal process "Buy, Check-in, Travel"

Chris Gordon

John Dennis (jdennis@acslink.net.au) wrote:
: >When I get out of a suburban train at Flinders St, the machine tells me
: >that my ticket is valid to 2.00 next morning; I can't see any need to
: >validate it again on boarding an Elizabeth St tram: it has already been
: >validated.

: Rod, you have continually posted that Melbourne is the only system
: which requires validation for each trip.  In Adelaide last week I
: bought a ticket to travel to Port Adelaide (alas not Port Dock, would
: have been much closer to my final destination) and whilst waiting for
: departure looked at the ticket.  It quite clearly states "Validate
: each Boarding".  Maybe Melbourne is not alone.

: Cheers...JD
: John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
: Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
: Australia               http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis
:                 Dutton Bay Tramway pages updated 1 January
: DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html

  email - cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
  http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord