Re: Automated Ticketing - Brunswick Depot

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in article
<01bd5a42$0ea556e0$702e11cb@rodsmith>...
> When I get out of a suburban train at Flinders St, the machine tells me
> that my ticket is valid to 2.00 next morning; I can't see any need to
> validate it again on boarding an Elizabeth St tram: it has already been
> validated.

If you use that argument, then there was previously never any need to show
it to a tram conductor either.

Maybe the term "validation" is what's confusing you. After the initial
"making it valid" operation it then becomes a "checking it's valid"
operation.

Why do you think that you now do not have to prove that you have a valid
ticket, when you previously had to do exactly the same to a tram conductor?

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)