Re: two faces of CHTR

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> Recently in my browsing of various rail sites as one tends to do from time
> to time I noticed on the Central Highlands Tourist Railway a photo of a
> DERM that I recognised as being belonging to Steamrail.  I only recognised
> it as being ours as I had scanned it in from a supplied photo and had
> cleaned up the background so there was nothing in it to indicate as to the
> site and the number is illegible at web resolution.
>
> I posted the following message to the various email addressed at CHTR
>
> While we have no real objection to your use of a photo of our railmotor on
> your web page, it would have been nice to have been asked permission
> first.
>  If you wish to continue using the photo on your page, we simply ask that
> you acknowledge the DERM as being Steamrails, the photo as being
> Steamrails and also provide a link to the Steamrail home page in the text
> beneath the photo.
>
> Thankyou.
>
> Stuart Thyer
>
> and I got the following response from Anthony Tubbs
>
> Hello,
>
> Oops sorry about that,  someone at work provided the photo on a disk but
> didn't tell me where he obtained it. I shall make the required amendments to
> the web page with an acknowledgement to Steamrail.
>
> Regards
> Anthony Tubbs
>
> not a problem I thought, most agreeable for all concerned.
>
> BUT, in my browsing today I found this on the CHTR web page
>
> There was once a picture of Steamrail's (Oops sorry the PTC's) DERM in
> this location until STEAMRAIL took exception to it being
>                              displayed here. Coming soon a picture of a
> DERM that works!!
>
> ....and the photo of the DERM removed.
>
> Well excuse me, but you can all call me an objectionable barstard if you
> actually think I have been, but above is the correspondence that was sent
> & received and I am at a complete loss to understand why someone would
> bother being so 2 faced & childish about the whole thing.  If you want to
> say it to my face, please do so, but be open if you have a problem instead
> of sulking off to your web page and having a sook because you don't even
> have a decent photo of your own DERM.
>
> Oh and of couse the ultimate in 2 faced irony.  At the bottom of the CHTR
> web page it says
>
> Information contained in this web site can be used in other web sites or
> publications provided acknowledgement is given to the
> Central Highlands Tourist Railway.
>
> Please, practice what you preach

It is a shame that a public squabble has now started on this issue. Surly grown
men can sort such a disagreement away from the public eye. Is either party
trying to make the other look bad? It seems to me ( a complete outsider) that
both sides are now looking bad in this childish game . Lets get on with
preservation and forget the fighting. Life is too short for all this crap! It
was silly little things like this that started the war at Dorrigo. I had hoped
that the Victorians were above this. I urge all involved to stop now before any
more damage is done.
Bob