Re: two faces of CHTR

Bob wrote:

> Stuart Thyer wrote:
>
> > Recently in my browsing of various rail sites as one tends to do from time
> > to time I noticed on the Central Highlands Tourist Railway a photo of a
> > DERM that I recognised as being belonging to Steamrail.  I only recognised
> > it as being ours as I had scanned it in from a supplied photo and had
> > cleaned up the background so there was nothing in it to indicate as to the
> > site and the number is illegible at web resolution.
> >
> > I posted the following message to the various email addressed at CHTR
> >
> > While we have no real objection to your use of a photo of our railmotor on
> > your web page, it would have been nice to have been asked permission
> > first.
> >  If you wish to continue using the photo on your page, we simply ask that
> > you acknowledge the DERM as being Steamrails, the photo as being
> > Steamrails and also provide a link to the Steamrail home page in the text
> > beneath the photo.
> >
> > Thankyou.
> >
> > Stuart Thyer
> >
> > and I got the following response from Anthony Tubbs
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Oops sorry about that,  someone at work provided the photo on a disk but
> > didn't tell me where he obtained it. I shall make the required amendments to
> > the web page with an acknowledgement to Steamrail.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anthony Tubbs
> >
> > not a problem I thought, most agreeable for all concerned.
> >
> > BUT, in my browsing today I found this on the CHTR web page
> >
> > There was once a picture of Steamrail's (Oops sorry the PTC's) DERM in
> > this location until STEAMRAIL took exception to it being
> >                              displayed here. Coming soon a picture of a
> > DERM that works!!
> >
> > ....and the photo of the DERM removed.
> >
> > Well excuse me, but you can all call me an objectionable barstard if you
> > actually think I have been, but above is the correspondence that was sent
> > & received and I am at a complete loss to understand why someone would
> > bother being so 2 faced & childish about the whole thing.  If you want to
> > say it to my face, please do so, but be open if you have a problem instead
> > of sulking off to your web page and having a sook because you don't even
> > have a decent photo of your own DERM.
> >
> > Oh and of couse the ultimate in 2 faced irony.  At the bottom of the CHTR
> > web page it says
> >
> > Information contained in this web site can be used in other web sites or
> > publications provided acknowledgement is given to the
> > Central Highlands Tourist Railway.
> >
> > Please, practice what you preach
>
> It is a shame that a public squabble has now started on this issue. Surly grown
> men can sort such a disagreement away from the public eye. Is either party
> trying to make the other look bad? It seems to me ( a complete outsider) that
> both sides are now looking bad in this childish game . Lets get on with
> [...]

One could only dream what could be achieved with the hobby in this
country if there was not so much bickering, backstabing, arguing and
rumour spreading between so many.
  This argument has demonstrated my point fully.
  Many people are interested in many different areas, why dont they work
together instead of destrying it all.
				Brad