Re: New railway stations in Melbourne

Peter Mason wrote:

> I was waiting for my train at Flinders St Stn last night and while the
> Met folks played around trying to uncouple a 6 car set and run two 3 car
> sets, someone was setting the destination indicator to Alamein.
>
> Interestingly one of the names that came up on the destination roll was
> "Baxter" - last time I rode the Stony Point line (about 3 months ago)
> there was no power to Baxter.
>
> Is there a long term Met plan to run the wires to Baxter and beyond?

Hitachi destination rolls included East Doncaster (up the middle of the
Eastern Freeway according to the Street Directory), they also included
Coldstream and Deer Park West.

Comeng rolls have been blanked on the spot that had Holmesglen (drop the
passengers, run to Glen Waverley and Come Back???)

Sunbury has been seen as well, and Cragieburn was in there too.

Many of these ideas are from Governments (and employees) long gone..

--

Thanks
Tony G.