Re: National Rail Workings Gs & BLs

>The WA L's have been mentioned to me quite often in all the current
>proposals but not the EL's. Indeed, its been said that overseas buyers are
>being sought.

The ELs are relatively new locos,(7 years old at best) I wonder if the sale
price is seen as too high for any of the existing Aus rail operators.
The WA Ls on the other hand , being 29 years old (same vintage as the 422s &
PTC Xs ) would be a hell of a lot cheaper,even including any engine rebuilds
,which would be needed for serious work.
Goes to show what decent maintenance can do.

>BTW, can anyone confirm that 9753 TNT last Sat 21/3 ex Mel with G529 + X38
>worked into Adel with these same 2 units. Was it banked from Tailem Bend??
Dunno what the load was , but a G plus X should be able to handle about 2000
tonnes thru the hills, (1200 tonnes for the G & 800 for the X) as long as it
wasnt raining.

cheers
MD