Re: Melbourne Stations with Automatic Barriers

John McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote in article
<6eavem$19o_002@melbpc.org.au>...
> In article <01bd4dde$c92eae00$01010101@mikeya>, "Mike Alexander"
<malex@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> >After all of the discussions about the merits or otherwise of the
Metcard
> >system, I started wondering which stations actually have the automatic
> >barriers. The ones I know are:
>
> List Removed
>
> The reason that North Melbourne does not have barriers is due to the fact
that
> Metcard is not yet operating on any route running through the station.
They
> may be added at the entrance later. When I was there a couple of weeks
ago,
> there were no validators of any sort there.

No, the stand-alone silver validators have been installed at North
Melbourne. I guess it's because even though it may be a busy station for
interchanging, there are probably not many passengers who actually enter or
exit there.

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)