Re: Metcard

Johann Fan wrote:
> >> How many people validate their ticket when they get on a tram anyway???
> >> Especially if its full or even when its nearly empty.
> >
> >When University firsts started none, But now there is about 1/2 the tram
> >validating.  Maybe less when the tram is full.  I think other people do it
> >because everyone else does.  Now even people buy tickets from the machines,
> some
> >wait till a W class comes because they want a daily or have a $5 note.
>
> I guess some people who see other people validating will validate as well!

Yesterday (Monday) there was two X-conductors on the tram from Melbourne
University to Melbourne Central.  They were checking tickets.  People that
didn't have a ticket were directed to the machine.  People with notes or wanting
dailies were told to get off a catch a tram that didn't have a "Metcard" sign in
the front window, and next time to buy a ticket before getting on the tram.
(Hence the need or large ATM's at major tram stops, with no shops near.)  They
also said that next time people with out valid tickets would be fined.

In the Herald Sun today there was a good point about the security guards,
"...They should sell tickets as well"

--

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au