Re: OneLink Emergency Button

Chris Gordon wrote:

> Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have heard that OneLink will install some sort of cover for every
> > emergency buttom positioned near the large barrier gates.  I am just
>
> > wonder whether this will happen?  Unfortunately some students (using
>
> > Glenferrie, Melbourne) have discovered the "advantage" of pressing
> these
> > bottoms, especially during peak hours!
> >

> They should just put in an alarm.  Afterall it is for emergencies.
>
> Last night they had the gates at Flinders Street set to 1/2 in and 1/2
> out.
> Apart from the inbalance (should be more in for evening peek) it
> worked all
> right.  I noticed for them to change the direction there is a key
> swich on
> one end of the barrier under the arrow/no entey thing.  It has about 5
> or 6
> positions: In, Out, Bi, Open, Closed and SCR(?)  but the larger gates
> only
> have Open, Closed and Bi.  But the large gate was in only.
>
> Does this mean all controls for the machines are on the machines?.
> ie.
> nothing in the office.  Probility explaines why they don't bother
> setting
> in/out.

Here at Glenferrie, all settings of barrier gates are done via a
computer, inside the booking office (yes, the one positioned near the
BOM (Booking Office Machine)).  Beside OneLink technicians, I am not
aware of any station staff, here at Glenferrie, adjusting the setting
from the barrier gates themselves.

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Serving Your Library and Office Needs
Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group CCT Approved Library Supplier