Re: OneLink Emergency Button

Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have heard that OneLink will install some sort of cover for every
> emergency buttom positioned near the large barrier gates.  I am just
> wonder whether this will happen?  Unfortunately some students (using
> Glenferrie, Melbourne) have discovered the "advantage" of pressing these
> bottoms, especially during peak hours!

They should just put in an alarm.  Afterall it is for emergencies.

Last night they had the gates at Flinders Street set to 1/2 in and 1/2 out.
Apart from the inbalance (should be more in for evening peek) it worked all
right.  I noticed for them to change the direction there is a key swich on
one end of the barrier under the arrow/no entey thing.  It has about 5 or 6
positions: In, Out, Bi, Open, Closed and SCR(?)  but the larger gates only
have Open, Closed and Bi.  But the large gate was in only.

Does this mean all controls for the machines are on the machines?.  ie.
nothing in the office.  Probility explaines why they don't bother setting
in/out.

Chris Gordon
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord