Re: Brisbane Light Rail Proposals

Garry R. Ford wrote:

> Scott Ratcliff wrote:
>
> > Of course nothing will ever happen. Of course they are talking about
> > grand projects -  It's an election year in QLD.
> >
> > Briztram - It will never happen.
>
> Please remember this is a National/Liberal Government and not a Labor excuse for
> a Government you are talking about. Unlike Labor, the Nationals do deliver on
> their so called grandiose projects, whether it be election or non-election year.
>
> Railway electrification, new trains, Gold Coast railway (started when Nats in
> government. Labor took over and still not opened by them in six years because of
> mismanagement.  Nats finally opened), new hospitals, tilt train, new railways
> proposed, new power stations (Labor scrapped plans for them and instead wanted to
> buy power at almost twice the generating cost from NSW because NSW now has a
> power surplus. Nats want the link to be able to sell power to NSW, hence the
> redesign and new route that doesn't go through significant national parks, but
> farmland instead.)
>
> Need I go on.

No, you need not. I get the point. Political stooges don't just call up
talkback radio, they write to news groups as well. I was disappointed
that I didn't get any letters from labor stooges making accusations too.
I guess I'm getting less contoversial in my old age.

Scotty
--
         T H I S  I S  A U S T R A L I A  C A L L I N G !!!
           K E E P I N G  T H E  D R E A M  A L I V E !!!

 Darwin_*_   |*Cape York       Scott Richard (Scotty) RATCLIFF.
     _/   \__| *_Cairns      The boy from Sydney living in beautiful,
    / The Great  *Townsville   sub-tropical Brisbane and Loving it.
   /  South Land  *Bundaberg
  /                @Brisbane     E-mail to  scottr@uq.net.au
  \      Adelaide * Newcastle     or s_ratcliff@hotmail.com
   *Perth___*    * Sydney
    \__/    \_*_Melbourne   Asia, look out - my arrival is only a
              __                      matter of time.
              \* Hobart   R E S I S T A N C E  I S  F U T I L E !!!

       If only I could, I'd make this world a better place...
      H I S T O R Y  L I G H T S   T H E  W A Y  F O R W A R D !!!