Re: MORE SillyRail Gripes

David Proctor <daproc@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you missed in my original posting when I said that the train was 90%
> full ex Sydney, but that almost 25% of the loading left the train illegally.

I'd read the corrected version of your original posting, but thought 90%
full meant 90% of SEATS full. What's the point of expressing loadings on
this sort of service in terms of nominal crush capacity? If it's
standing room only, say it's 110% (or whatever) full.

> If every passenger ex Sydney was travelling to at least Macarthur, the first
> set-down station, the train would have only been 67% full - ample room for
> all of the passengers - as it turned out, the train was standing room only
> ex-Campbelltown,

These statements contradict each other. I presume you mean it was
standing room only UNTIL Campbelltown and 67% (whatever that is in
meaningful terms) full ex-Campbelltown.

> and we did not manage to sit together until Moss Vale - as
> we were going to Bundanoon, we did not manage to discuss various agenda
> items for our planned meeting, as we had hoped to do on the train.

You didn't say that in your earlier posting. I see your point, but even
without those extra passengers at the start, there's no guarantee you'd
be able to find two seats together. Optional seat reservations would
solve that problem, and there's definately a case for increasing the
frequency.

--
Aidan Stanger
Junk email will be charged at 5 millicoulombs/line