Re: Brisbane Light Rail Proposals

On Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:12:46 +1100, "Garry R. Ford"
<garry@merddyn.apana.org.au> wrote:

>Please remember this is a National/Liberal Government and not a Labor excuse for
>a Government you are talking about. Unlike Labor, the Nationals do deliver on
>their so called grandiose projects, whether it be election or non-election year.

If you would you confirm that the project will go ahead even if it
does not get any Federation Centennial funding, then we all might take
a less cynical view of it.

>Need I go on.

But you always do.

>Scott, please don't comments about things you don't understand as a southerner.
>When you've been living here 25 years then you might be a Queenslander and can
>comment upon the way government works here.

By saying "as a southerner" you have just demonstrated a large part of
the "way" the National Party governments have worked in Queensland.

>I just get annoyed when people make ill educated rash, uniformed statements.

But of course, its OK when you do.

>If Briztram doesn't go ahead it won't be because of the National/Liberal  State
>Government.

>It will [be] because:
>(a) they lost government (Labor appears against it as its been National Policy
>for several years now);
>(b) the people of Brisbane don't want it;
>(c) the Howard Government refuses to accept it as our major Bi-centennial fund
>project;
>(d) private enterprise is not interested in being involved; or
>(e) there is a massive down-turn in economic performance meaning it can't be
>justified.

Oh, you answered my first question already... there are still plenty
of chances for it to not happen, but by your measure none of them
would be the Nats fault... how convenient.

Bill

Bill Bolton                 billbolton@computer.org
Sydney, Australia