Re: Interesting Rumour

David Proctor <daproc@bigfoot.com> wrote in article
<888623964.499524@localhost>...

> The N sets are, but I have also seen a few H sets operating WITH a power
van
> AND a P or N class - so there are a few there that could be spared. Power
Vans
are used when...
1.  An A class or outher non HEP engine is assigned to the train.  or
2.  When that car set will during its travels that day, end up with a non
HEP engine,
      thus you will ofton see a P or an N with a power Van.  or
3.  If the HEP has failed on an engine, and no outher HEP engine is
available.

Believe me David,  the old Overland vans were purchased to cover the lack
of HEP
locomotives!   The Grey Louvre Vans were added to the Fleet to allow for
lost Locomotives, due to unexpected breakdowns or damage due to collisions
etc.
I nearly destroyed N452 [City of Wodonga]  in June 97[ result of a
disagreement with a semi ]and it only saw service again in December!
V/Line Pass will not sell any N's to anybody....You should of heard the
roars of laughter your rumour incited when I passed it on to Head Office.
                                                      Best Regards
                                                                   Rod

Now lets be serious, why would they not overhaul the CLP's