Re: Interesting Rumour

David Proctor <daproc@bigfoot.com> wrote in article
<888457071.14473@localhost>...
> A rumour heard from three different and usually reliable sources in NR
> indicate that NR is looking to purchase approx. 4 - 6 N class from
Victoria.
> The intention is to place them on standard gauge bogies, and use them,
and
> their HEP capabilities, to provide "hook-and-pull" service to GSR on 'The
> Overland' and Countrylink on the Broken Hill and Griffith passengers -
> anyone heard anything about this?
>
> Regards
>
> David Proctor
> daproc@bigfoot.com
>
> David,
            me thinks thats a pretty good rumour, but alas someone is
playing with themselves. Simply not enough Driver only Engines available to
run all V/Line Pass Trains now.  Also N sets are being run on head end
power, not the under car units!
            As the cars are overhauled, they are released head end power,
only. The
old generators are available in an emergency. 4 car N sets use the HEP for
the
4th  car only, or if been through the shops, the whole train
             Now lets be serious, why would they not overhaul the CLP's
Reliable..No!
but they could be fixed, surely.
                                                             Rod