Re: Interesting Rumour

Rod wrote in message <01bd43a4$fda6b360$0812868b@3d-dvd-p200mmx>...
,
>            me thinks thats a pretty good rumour, but alas someone is
>playing with themselves. Simply not enough Driver only Engines available to
>run all V/Line Pass Trains now.  Also N sets are being run on head end
>power, not the under car units!

The N sets are, but I have also seen a few H sets operating WITH a power van
AND a P or N class - so there are a few there that could be spared.

<Snip some more really interesting stuff>

>             Now lets be serious, why would they not overhaul the CLP's
>Reliable..No!
>but they could be fixed, surely.

They could, but they would not be much use on the Griffith service, which
involves the train changing direction.

I also think that it will never happen, but I heard it from THREE different
sources.

Regards

David Proctor
daproc@bigfoot.com