Re: Where's S313? and beyond

Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>Brian Dunn wrote:
>> You are probably correct Craig (I must wait for my photographs to be
>> printed. In what what livery is S311 painted? perhaps it was 310 which
>> I saw on 20 Feb.

>S311 is painted in the West Coast Railway livery of blue, yellow, white
>and grey.

Craig, you are absolutely correct. My photographs were developed today
( a personal best, less than 12 months after the event!)

S310 is the locomotive I confused with S311.

For the record G521 was on the special wheat train at Murrayville

and

the wagon I noticed at Lameroo (SA) was  AOGA 62 XX (digit or digits
obscured).

It has occurred to me that these open wagons may be used for some sort
of storage. It would be cute if wagons with Andrews bogies were still
in use in 1998!

Cheers!

brian

Brian Dunn, Deakin ACT 2600

Note 2.--Authority is granted for the use of "D4" Class engines
without cow-catchers on the following sections:-
Ballarat-Maryborough, Maryborough-Castlemaine.