Re: Where's S313? and beyond

Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>Gareth Davidson wrote:
>> I have seen WC S311 linked with another 2 V/Line S class and A G class
>> in Geelong Loco Yard. Why ??

, while the lead unit goes to Geelong Loco, then to Ballarat
>(powering) on 9137 Cowangie goods.  WCR loco's are usually worked back
>on 9138 to Geelong, then dropped onto 8220 at Geelong and hence back
>into service.

You are probably correct Craig (I must wait for my photographs to be
printed. In what what livery is S311 painted? perhaps it was 310 which
I saw on 20 Feb.

On 22 Feb as I returned through Ouyen the yard was "chokka". An  A
class sat in the yard while an X and another A sat on the head of a
train pointing south while a couple of G's pointed north on another
train.

Cheers again.

Brian

Brian Dunn, Deakin ACT 2600

Note 2.--Authority is granted for the use of "D4" Class engines
without cow-catchers on the following sections:-
Ballarat-Maryborough, Maryborough-Castlemaine.