Re: Where's S313? and beyond

bdunn@pcug.org.au (Brian Dunn) wrote:

>Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>Dear hunters of S's

>I don't know about S313, but at Ouyen on Fri 20 February S307 and S311
>sat coupled back to back at the Mildura end of the yard.

>Also on Fri 20 Feb a G class was at Murrayville waiting for wheat to
>be loaded from the Silo.

>Did anyone on the Panyita tour notice the sign on the Pinaroo end of
>the yard advising that the line is closed at the border?

>One last bit of trivia: Does the Vic/SA border happen right on the
>level crossing???

Correct One's Own Spelling Dept.

Oops! Please read Panitya and Pinnaroo for my crook spelling.

By the way, have our fellow intrepid travellers noted the ex SAR 4
wheeled open wagons used for storage of superphosphate at Lameroo?

Noticed also at Lameroo on 20 Feb were 4 bogie open wagons in the
process of being lashed down (the tarps that is....). One of these
wagons had 3 axles out of 4 with spoked wheels AND Andrews bogies.

The rails appear to show some use between Pinnaroo and Lamaroo with
the rails from Lameroo towards Tailem Bend being almost quite shiny!

Level crossing lights have been replaced at two crossings with Railway
Crossing - Give Way signs.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Dunn, Deakin ACT 2600

Note 2.--Authority is granted for the use of "D4" Class engines
without cow-catchers on the following sections:-
Ballarat-Maryborough, Maryborough-Castlemaine.