Re: Number Of Platforms At CBD Stations

P J Ruxton (RUCKO@bigpond.com.au) wrote:

: Correct there are two unused platforms between Platforms 24 & 25 and the
: Concourse above the platfroms. These Platforms are now I believe used
: for storage and can be reached using the lift from the concourse to
: platfroms 24 & 25. The unused platforms have featured in various High
: Speed Train Proposals that have surfaced. There is no tunell at either
: end of the unused platforms rather the shape of a tunell indented in the
: conctere at either end of the tracks for both platforms. I visited these
: platforms about 10 years ago.

I'm intrigued. Were these platforms ever used in the first place? If so,
what was their purpose, and if not, what were they intended for?

Thanks,

David Bradshaw

--
David Bradshaw