Re: Number Of Platforms At CBD Stations

Adam Joyce wrote:

> A while back we had a thread about the greatest number of platforms at
> stations outside Australian CBDs. It would be interesting to know the
> number of platforms at each of Australia's main terminus railway stations.
>
> Living in Adelaide, I know that Keswick Station (interstate operations) has
> 3 platforms. Whilst Adelaide Station (metropolitan services) has 9
> platforms.
>
> Now, how about the other capital cities?
>
> --
> Adam Joyce
> adamj@senet.com.au
>
> http://www.home.aone.net.au/joyce/photo
>
> (When replying by e-mail please remove "NoSpam_" from e-mail address)

Central station in Sydney has 25 platforms.

Platforms 1 - 3 (Countrylink)
Platforms 4 - 15 (CityRail Interurban)
Platforms 16 - 25 (CityRail Suburban)

Platforms 1 - 15 are terminating roads and are also known as Sydney
Terminal.

Platforms 24 and 25 are underground (Eastern suburbs line).
I beleive there are also a couple of disused underground platforms at
Central (26 & 27???) associated with the ESR?  Can anyone shed any light
on this?

Other Sydney CBD stations (No. of platforms):

Town Hall (6),
Wynyard (4),
Circular Quay, St James, Museum, Martim Place (2 each),

Michael Edge
Sydney, Australia

email: medge@sia.net.au