Re: Number Of Platforms At CBD Stations

Michael Edge wrote:

> Platforms 24 and 25 are underground (Eastern suburbs line).
> I beleive there are also a couple of disused underground platforms at
> Central (26 & 27???) associated with the ESR?  Can anyone shed any light
> on this?

26/27 platforms are dis-used.  They were used for storage of documents, but they
have now all been removed.  They are not connected to anything, and there is
approximately 20 metres of tunneling at each end.  Photos of them can be seen at
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/stations.htm  and I will be adding some more
recent photos in the next day or two.  They are located immediately above 24/25
platforms.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard