Re: Rubbish to Cessnock.

Goodwin Alco wrote in message <34FA0D14.73DF@planet.net.au>...
>Mike Shotton wrote:
>>
>> Goodwin Alco wrote in message <34F6490A.4A73@planet.net.au>...
>> >

>Steve,
>      The line I was thinking of was thinking of was that which crossed
>the Cessnock road at Neath box and followed the road a little towards
>the pub not actually the yard which I believed to have been on the down
>side of the main line. I think there was a shot in an 80's issue of
>Digest showing 47's or 48's sitting near the L/C on this branch.
>  When the RVR reach Weston would they be interested in the whole line
>to Pelton if by then it is closed?
>
>Brad Peadon

When we reach Weston it is anticipated that our own line would be Richmond
Main - Pelaw Main - Weston. I am unsure as to who the actual owner of the
SMR  is. Apparently the perway is owned by someone, and the sleepers and
rail someone else. I believe our goal is to be able to run regular weekend
trains on our own line, and an extended return service over the SMR once or
possibly twice each Saturday and Sunday.

Also, in discussions with fellow members of the RVR, there has been ideas
thrown about regarding possible dinner trains and night runs, using our set
of 'R' cars. One of these cars requires extensive rebuilding and one idea
was to convert this one into a buffet car with wheelchair access. These
carriages are now stored in our new Carriage Shed awaiting installation of
power and servicing facilities and it is hoped that some rebuilding and
restoration can commence sometime soon.

Steve Shotton