Melbourne & Geelong spotting and photo locations

As it is now school holidays, thought I might get out with my son and go find some trains in
the Melbourne & Geelong areas during a week day. Where are the good spots to view and
photograph trains - Pass, Goods, SG and BG?

Some of the locations we frequented for spotting and photography are:

* Dynon loco depot
* Sims Street Junction
* Railway Watching Platform - Railway Place, North Melbourne

In the past writers to this news group have talked about locations in the Footscray West and
Tottenham areas? Are there specific locations worth visiting? Are there other spotting
locations in the Melbourne area that are safe and legal?

Also, are there any good spotting locations in the Geelong area. A few weeks ago we stopped
for a while in Geelong North, near where Dunn St connects with Melbourne Road (near North
Geelong "C" Box). On the fence, one has an excellent view of the BG and SG lines back towards
Melboune and some view of the North Geelong yards. It was a Sunday, so not a lot of movements,
but I would think it would be worth a look on a week day.

Any other locations in Geelong worth a look?

Another related question - where is "Elders Block Point" on the Melbourne-Geelong SG - is
there a loop there?

Thanks,
Peter

--
Remove the spam bait to email me personally...

Peter Mason, National Australia Bank	Tel: +61 3 9641 4242