Re: Melbourne & Geelong spotting and photo locations

G'day,

Peter Mason wrote:
> Also, are there any good spotting locations in the Geelong area. A few weeks ago we stopped
> for a while in Geelong North, near where Dunn St connects with Melbourne Road (near North
> Geelong "C" Box). On the fence, one has an excellent view of the BG and SG lines back towards
> Melboune and some view of the North Geelong yards. It was a Sunday, so not a lot of movements,
> but I would think it would be worth a look on a week day.

In the vicinity of North Geelong 'A' is good, you get local passes and
all the standard guage traffic.  If you get a spot where you can see
over to North Geelong 'C', you'll also see 9137 (that's the Cowangie)
goods, it departs early afternoon I think, usually has multiple loco's.

> Another related question - where is "Elders Block Point" on the Melbourne-Geelong SG - is
> there a loop there?

It's right near the Elders siding.  You know where the Princes Freeway
overpass is just before the first set of traffic lights at Corio (the
lights themselves are for the trotting track), the Elders Sdg and
standard guage block point are on the up side of that overpass.  There's
no loop there.

Cheers,
CH.
--