Re: Overland services to be cut??

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:35:36 -0700, Craig Haber
<albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>Krel wrote:
>> East and West bound Overland will cross at Dimboola with the Eat bound
>> backing out of the platform then running into no2 track. (anyone want
>> to buy a crew change platform at Murtoa Loop??).
>
>heheheh, Winchelsea style :)  How is Dimboola yard worked now?

When it is switched in Dimboola is controlled by a signaller in
conjunction with the Western Train Controller for moves that involve
the mainline (no 1 track). All other moves the Signaller controls.
When switched out the Train Controller controls the main line signals
only. Since Dimboola Loop is only 2 km up the hill it is quite rare
for Dimboola Station to be used for a cross unless one train is
awaiting a crew. To an ex-NSW engineman this is weird shit in the
middle of a CTC mainline; but, I guess, no weirder than Melton or
Murtoa or...........

Cheers

Krel