Re: Overland services to be cut??

>> I have heard that the Overland will no longer operate on Wednesday and
>> Saturday nights. Does anyone know if this is true?  If the Ghan is to
>> operate on Wed is that the replacement for the Wed Overland?
>>
>Yes that is supposedly correct, I posted the Wednesday cut to another
>thread yesterday, but I had forgotten the Saturday cut.  Still don't know
>the date this will take effect.
>
>-
>From the very strong rumour department:-

The Overland will be cancelled in both directions on Wednesday and
Saturday nights, buses MAY substitute.

First class seating will be eliminated.

The train will arrive/depart off platform 1 in Melbourne (saving costs
of J102 - get your photos soon!!)

Westbound train will depart around 2050 and regain all time to run on
current timetable from around Stawell.

Eastbound train will depart around 1.5 hours later (2115 I think), and
pick up a little time along the way arriving in Melbourne after
departure of XPT.

East and West bound Overland will cross at Dimboola with the Eat bound
backing out of the platform then running into no2 track. (anyone want
to buy a crew change platform at Murtoa Loop??).

All changes to take effect before November.

Cheers

Krel