Sightings around Zig Zag - Thursday, 25th June.

A couple of sightings for members to ponder.

1.  WT27 passed through Zig Zag well over two hours late.  By the time that this
note is posted, there may already have been others posted on the matter.

2.  Whilst I didn't get the numbers due to my location at the time, there was at
least one empty coal with quad 86's.

3.  There was also another empty coal with quad 81's.  It was extremely long,
and, whilst I wasn't able to count the wagons, I did hear some comment about
there being 46.  Members may remember when the major trackwork was being
undertaken in the Blue Mountains that it was a practice, regular without being
common, for State Rail to run double consist empty coals (usually around 63
wagons) simply to reduce the number of paths required.  There was also a time,
and I think that the practice still does occur periodically, when State Rail /
FreightCorp organized some unusual workings to the mines, again primarily for
pathing purposes.

Any comments on these issues ?
--

Regards