V/Line Freight

By the time that this message gets posted, I suspect that this information will
be common knowledge.

I am told that ATN is the preferred purchaser of V/Line Freight, even to the
extent that the purchase arrangements have already been determined and
accepted.  I have to say that I was unaware that the situation had reached this
stage, since, whilst it was known that ATN was the preferred organization,
tenders had yet to be let, and it was thought that a formalized tendering
process would be pursued.
Word is that the "current" General Manager of Tasrail will/has become the new GM
of V/Line Freight, whilst the GM at EBR has gone to Tasrail.

Word is that ATN's next target is Westrail.

Whilst on the subject of privatization etc of rail systems, there was a rumour
floating around a few months ago about FreightCorp, but it does not appear to
have surfaced recently.  I gather that it was all rather "hush hush".  The
rumour indicated that one of the major US "Class 1's", whose predominant colour
was/is "armour yellow", was the interested party.  Comments ??

--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW