Re: V/Line Freight

<<<<<<<< The
rumour indicated that one of the major US "Class 1's", whose predominant colour
was/is "armour yellow", was the interested party.  Comments ??>>>>>>>>>

I think your rumour about UP being interested in any Aus freight operation is
way off target. Here in the US, UP closes lines with more freight than any Aus
line you'd care to mention. They are simply not interested unless they are
running at least 20,000 tons a day over a given line. Sure they keep some
profitable branches but if UP were true to form they would close Melb. to
Sydney.

Sorry to say, but apart from the Iron Ore, most Aus. freight lines are not much
more than unprofitable branch lines.

Mark.

I can be abused and called names at: markbau@aol.com

If the abuse is particularly profound I'll give you my real email address.