Re: Ghan to Melbourne

I think you will find that GSR's idea is to dramatically alter the running of
"The Overland", such that it either complements "The Ghan" (i.e. runs on the
days when "The Ghan" doesn't) or becomes a daylight.
I would have thought that this would have been part of the announcement in
relation to the revised timetable.

At the same time, it has to be remembered, as far as I can remember, that under
the terms of the sale agreement GSR must continue to operate "The Ghan" and "The
I.P." for five years, but only two for "The Overland".  Then, there is the
matter of having to give twelve months' notice of intended timetable changes.

--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW