Re: WA Academic says Federal Gov has no rail savvy.

rcook@pcug.org.au (Owen Cook) wrote:
>The URL below is a DOT page, presumeably they have someone to write
>their stuff

>http://www.dot.gov.au/programs/workwedo.htm#rail

Had a look in, thanks for the URL.  I was astonished at
the incredible number of area's covered by this single
department.  The amount on rail is so small as to be
almost insignificant.  Makes you wonder.  I would love
to know how many rail "experienced" people there are.

The blurbs available for downloading are hardly
inspirational, there is nothing in there we do not
already know.  Big bucks for roads, bugger all for
rail, although great play is made of the billion
dollars National Rail were given to splurge on new
loco's and service facilities.

It would be great if the Professor would release his
findings in detail.

----Tell
Alice Springs NT