Re: Prspector News Release

In article <3590d251.0@139.134.5.33> "Ben Staples" <BenKim@bigpond.com> writes:
>From: "Ben Staples" <BenKim@bigpond.com>
>Subject: Re: Prspector News Release
>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:46:34 +1000

>Now just hold on there one second. When it comes to RAC, I personally think
>it is a good idea. The more you can get the railways like roads the better,
>i.e. the RAC is just like the RTA. It makes it easier to compare the two and
>make roads more accountable (I wish).

>The Federal Highway isn't owned by the Fed's, so why should the state rail
>system be owned by the Fed's??? I can see it only leading to disaster.

>Ben Staples

I fully agree, lets get the railways more like roads.
When I , as an interstate railway operator , can drive a train from Brisbane
to Perth without having to get approvals from all the State rail entities
along the way , as I can do with my truck right now , and when the rules for
rail are the same all the way , as they are for road , and the costs for rail
are the same for road things will be a little better.
Unfortunately , its entities like RAC and the other state based rail access
authorities which are making this concept of a uniform national rail network
more unlikely every day.

cheers
MD