Comfort WAS: Re: New Livery for Melbourne Electric Trains????

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote in message <6m83gs$p96\
>Who gets the Hitachis? _I_ want them -- they're a damned sight more
>comfortable than the Comeng's, except in summer.
>
>As I've said before, whoever designed those Comeng's with seats facing one
>another should be shot. I'd like to have words with the transport minister

The Comeng sets in Melbourne are certainly a lot more comfortable than some
of the old sets in Sydney - wooden seats with a plastic cover.  And facing
one another must be better than half the carriage one way and the other half
the other (like on suburban Tangaras)?  When you open the windows, doesn't
it get really loud?

Anyway, I believe both Melbourne and Sydney need major upgrading.

Sandy Tanner
tanner@mpx.com.au