re: QR Moree Extension

In article <358f8091.3420328@news.tbsa.com.au>,
  pberrett@<removethis>tbsa.com.au (Peter Berrett) wrote:

> I suggest that a tender be let out for the establishment of a high
> speed rail service from Sydney to Canbrra with various consortiums
> tendering various options for such a service eg TGV, Maglev, Tit train
> technologies etc.
>
> I further suggest that the tender be given to the TGV consortium in
> light of speed, safety, proven technology etc.

That at least is a realistic and viable idea - as long as we don't leave it to
governments to ruin. But seriously, your idea of a passenger train from Sydney
to Brisbane via Moree, utilising variable-gauge bogies... you weren't really
serious, were you (please, tell me you weren't, restore my faith that not ALL
rail enthusiasts are nuts!)

Hope this helps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor