re: QR Moree Extension

Dave wrote

<snip>

>Gawd, I really am sick of people proposing all of these pie in the sky schemes
>- they are all very good, but when will people realise that we are in
>Australia, we have pro-roads governments and transport bureaucracies, etc. As
>mush as I would like to see it, it ain't gonna happen!!!! Start suggesting
>realistic, ACHIEVABLE ideas, and we may actually achieve something, instead of
>hitting our heads against a brick wall all of the time.

></RANT>

>Hope this jelps,

>David "The Doctor" Proctor

Ok Dave here goes...

I'll try very hard a suggest a realistic achievable idea and we shall
see what happens. Maybe you will be right.

I suggest that a tender be let out for the establishment of a high
speed rail service from Sydney to Canbrra with various consortiums
tendering various options for such a service eg TGV, Maglev, Tit train
technologies etc.

I further suggest that the tender be given to the TGV consortium in
light of speed, safety, proven technology etc.

Nah...

You're right Dave...

That' just too realistic and achievable to happen...

cheers Peter