Re: New Hi Speed Train to replace prospector

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in article
<mauried.95.358E287C@commslab.gov.au>...
> On the ABC news tonite 22/6 was a short article about a new hi speed (200

> km/h) train to replace the prospector,between Perth & Kalgoorlie.
>
> cheers
> MD

I was concerned by the comment of the Public Transport Union rep. who
stated that the line would have to be checked before each train journey to
ensure it is safe if trains are operating at that speed!  Hasn't he heard
of Europe?

I would have thought a PTU rep. would have welcomed any suggestions on
improving and retaining rail transport.

Tom Zsolt