Re: New Livery for Melbourne Electric Trains????

MarkBau1 wrote:
> On a similar note I believe Hillside will get all the disc brake Comeng's and
> Bayside will get all the tread brake Comeng's. I'm sure the numbers wont
> overlap perfectly though.

Which is interesting in itself, because I hear that one company requires
it's trains to run 80,000km per year, while the other requires 120,000km
per year, and from all accounts, Comeng's won't run 120,000km per year,
their reliability is not good enough.  Could this be the explanation to
the above - is one braking configuration significantly lower maintenance
than the other?

Cheers,
CH.
--