Re: New Livery for Melbourne Electric Trains????

daproc@bigfoot.com wrote in article <6m745q$8p4$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> In article <01bd9919$3546b3a0$560908d2@computer>,
>   "Chris Brownbill" <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Should I conclude that we're about to see these trains emerging in a
> > "Hillside Trains" or "Bayside Trains" livery in the near future?
>
> The same thing happened in the UK - very few people got rich from
splitting
> up the network and privatising it, but one of the groups who did were the
> graphic designers, with heaps of new corporate images, etc. If only they
had
> spent this money on real benefits, like ticketing systems that work, new
> trains, etc.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> David "The Doctor" Proctor

Yeah well just to add fuel to the fire - I notice this week that the
station nameboards on the platforms at Parliament Station have been
replaced by some temporary white corrugated plastic signs with blue
Parliament lettering on them.  They seem to have been glued over the
original signs as if to temporarily obscure something new underneath.  Is
it just my mind that links this to the removal of the fascia green and
yellow on some trains (and despite what another contributor says it is more
than one  train - I've seen an Hitachi similarly treated), and also the
impending end of the financial year - that most significant of all annual
celebrations.

Sounds suspiciously like a grand opening lauch gala supreme spectacular
publicity event type happening is on the cards - complete with the results
of the work of graphic designers!