Concord Crash

I see that all has gone quiet with anything to do with the Concord
derailment from City Rail. They must be as guilty as sin. Talk about
incompetence. I have heard from a reliable source within City Rail that the
guard of the derailed train called in with his mobile phone to report the
incident but they didn't take it seriously initially and in fact their
response was to dispatch a relief crew out to the site. I have two questions
of City Rail....

1/ What on earth were a relief crew going to achieve with a massively
derailed train?
2/ If it wasn't for the guard's mobile phone what mechanism is there for a
train crew to report and accident back to the train control ppl if there are
no members of the public about?

It is sad to hear that the driver of the train may never walk again
( Apparently City Rail had recently introduced the trains going down that
relief track again and I take it that the driver didn't know what was ahead.

David