Re: CityRail upgrades platform! (shock!)

"Wollongong Quokka" <quokka@zip.net.au> writes:

>Robert Prentice wrote in message ...
>>In their place on one platform was what seems to be a new type of
>>Automatic Ticket Machine.. half the size of the more common ones, and with
>>only a limited selection of destinations (about 10 I think).

>It sounds like the machine on the Down platform at North Wollongong.  It's
>evidently based on the FastFare machines in the city, which sell 20 ticket
>types in the form of Single or Return to 10 destination zones (all at adult

 So thats where the fast fare machines have been going. At a number of
locations of late (including my local station of Carlton) the fast fare
machines have disappeared, and their mounting 'pad' removed.

 I thought it odd to remove the machines totally, after all they cant be
cheap. Looks like they are removing some of them and changing the front
pannel and loading a new fare table.