Re: CityRail upgrades platform! (shock!)

Robert Prentice wrote in message ...
>In their place on one platform was what seems to be a new type of
>Automatic Ticket Machine.. half the size of the more common ones, and with
>only a limited selection of destinations (about 10 I think).

It sounds like the machine on the Down platform at North Wollongong.  It's
evidently based on the FastFare machines in the city, which sell 20 ticket
types in the form of Single or Return to 10 destination zones (all at adult
fare).  One column is for singles, the other for returns.

The version at North Wollongong instead has the 10 zones down the left, with
the right hand buttons allowing you to choose Single, Return, Concessions...
or, interestingly, an Authority to Travel.  A fairly neat solution, but it's
nice to know we have the full size machine on the Up platform.

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Wollongong_Quokka/