CityRail upgrades platform! (shock!)

Yes, I am amazed. After my complaining a few days ago about the Authority
to Travel machines and their problems, I went down to get the 10:52am
Newcastle train at Adamstown to find (shock, horror!) they have been
removed. In their place on one platform was what seems to be a new type of
Automatic Ticket Machine.. half the size of the more common ones, and with
only a limited selection of destinations (about 10 I think). But, alas, it
displayed 'closed'. Looks like it hadn't been filled yet. Oh well, what're
ya gunna do?! It'll be good once it works...

Seriously, there seems to be a lot of work going on recently with security
cameras being installed, security guards, station upgrades... anyone smell
an election?

By the way, looks like a fair bit of trackwork going on around Mt Kuringai
next week..