Re: Concord derailment

In article <1998061017441600.NAA28821@ladder03.news.aol.com>, markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes...

>Don't forget the famous:

>"If the upper yellow functions,
> beware of turnouts points and junctions!"

>Which I'm told was actually in the NSWGR rulebook.

><<<<It holds the same force as the Y/G
>indication in the VR (US) 'speed signalling' indications, which is a
>warning that the next signal is displaying a medium speed indication. No
>ambiguity.>>>>>

>The US system that Victoria adopted wasn't speed signalling until VR messed
>with it and made the bottom light simply mean 25MPH, (later 40KPH) Prior to
>this the bottom light meant you were diverging which is still the case in the
>US today.

	It depends where in the US one is.  On SOME roads its diverging.
	On some its <mumble> mph (which is usually because of a divergence,
	but the RULE says <mumble> mph....)

thanks
dave pierson                        |the facts, as accurately as i can manage,
Digital Equipment Corporation       |the opinions, my own.
334 South St                        |
Shrewsbury, Mass USA                 pierson@gone.enet.dec.com
"He has read everything, and, to his credit, written nothing."  A J Raffles
"....the net of a million lies...."	Anon