Re: Concord derailment

[pardon the US debate, but ....   8)>>]

In article <1998061218073100.OAA18809@ladder01.news.aol.com>, markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes...
><<<<<It depends where in the US one is.  On SOME roads its diverging.
>	On some its <mumble> mph (which is usually because of a divergence,
>	but the RULE says <mumble> mph....)>>>>>>

>What roads use the bottom light for a speed indication?
	NORAC (about 8 or a dozen roads) for one.  I dunno where CSX & NS stand.

		NORAC RRG, rule 287, Slow Clear, Proceed.  Slow Speed within
		interlocking limits and thru turnouts.

	While it does refer to turnouts, the RULE says Slow Speed.
	(Slow Speed == Not Exceeding 15 mph)

>Every road that adheres to the GCOR
	There are other RRs in the US.  Roughly *(very roughly)* the Western
	US roads use route signalling, eastern US roads use Speed signalling.
	There are acres and acres of exceptions...

thanks
dave pierson                        |the facts, as accurately as i can manage,
Digital Equipment Corporation       |the opinions, my own.
334 South St                        |
Shrewsbury, Mass USA                 pierson@gone.enet.dec.com
"He has read everything, and, to his credit, written nothing."  A J Raffles
"....the net of a million lies...."	Anon