Re: Austrac

David & Julie Donald wrote:

> I am thinking of making a special trip to the Enfield/Leightonfield area, even
> Botany, in the next couple of weeks specifically to check out the Austrac train
> (1321).  I have a copy of what is probably the most current WTT.
> However, can anyone advise what the current motive power and loadings have been
> like on this train, and whether it runs fairly close to the WTT ??
>
> On a slightly different topic relating to this particular organisation, there
> was an advertisement in Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald, in which Austrac is
> looking for "Locomotive Drivers" who are qualified in all safeworking systems
> for NSW and Victoria. and qualified to operate trains in NSW and Victoria.  The
> preamble to the advertisement states: "Austrac is a fully integrated Rail
> Corporation and is at the forefront of establishing Private Rail Operations
> throughout Australia.  Austrac is seeking the right people to join our Team of
> dedicated employees in expanding operations in NSW and Vic.".
>
> Regards
> David Donald.

David,
      I can assure you that Austrac does still operate out of Botany or
sometimes from Cooks River.
  If you have the timetable do yourself a favour and leave it at home as
I go to Botany each Saturday and if it is running it can leave anywhere
from 9-45 to 12-05. This Saturday just gone was at 12-05 and was hauled
by 4836.
  Even if it does not run out of Botany you will find a day well spent
photographing there especially with all the 80 class back in three
different liveries.
  The Botany line is probably the most photogenic part of its Sydney
trip if you know where to go along it and more often at least a part of
the regular Botany group can be found photographing and can help with
info.
Brad