Re: Why repaint/refurbish the Tulloch Trailers

In article <6lsl6b$guc$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  daproc@bigfoot.com wrote:

> In article <358113af.7879924@news.ozemail.com.au>,
>   nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:
>
> > It would be great if they asked the travelling public about fixed
> > seats in subbie sets!
>
> oh no, we aren't getting started on THAT again are we? I don't have a problem
> with them - Sydney commuters have been spoilt for far too long with
> bi-directional seating. No other city in Australia has them for suburban
> trains, and there is really no need for them on short journeys (up to 90
> minutes or so). The lack of the mechanism for changing the direction the seat
> is facing makes the carriage easier to clean (although this is not an issue
> in Sydney :-p ) and reduces the incidence of breakdown.

Fixed seats have been quite unpopular in Sydney, and on the Outer Suburban
Tangaras, as well as the planned 4G double deckers, bi-directional seating is
used. Mind you, this is largely academic, as I doubt we'll see the new trains
for a while, at least not while Carr & Co keep finding other uses for the
money - like partially removing tolls off motorways. Maybe they'd like to
offer rail commuters a scheme whereby those travelling on the East Hills and
Western lines can get the price of their tickets refunded if they carry a
CityRail Cashback card...

I know that people on this ng bag out Photios, but can he be worse than the
clowns that are running the circus at the moment?

Rob

Sydney (Australia)