Re: CityRail upgrades platform! (shock!)

In article <01bd9652$3b9754e0$624c0acb@davibenn.pcug.org.au>,
  "David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
> >
> > All stations are now getting Digitised Voice Announcers.
> >
> I expect the digitised announcers will be used as much as the PA system on
> Queanbeyan station (once in a blue moon by the ARHS when specials are
> running), or as much as the destination indicators fitted to some CityRail
> trains.  Still, they have to find some way to spend the money!

Aren't suburban and intercity EMUs fitted with an arial (the square plate
mounted underneath the emergency gangway connection at the front/end of each
train) to allow the train to communicate with transponders on the track,
facilitating automated triggering of the DVAs both on platforms and on the
train (when fitted)?

Does anyone know anything about the technical aspects of the station DVAs?
They look a bit like old Amiga 1200s!

Rob

Sydney (Australia)