Re: CityRail upgrades platform! (shock!)

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<35811F80.A5027966@ozemail.com.au>...
> Robert Prentice wrote:
>
> > Seriously, there seems to be a lot of work going on recently with
security
> > cameras being installed, security guards, station upgrades... anyone
smell
> > an election?
>
> All stations are now getting Digitised Voice Announcers.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> CityRail Guard
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

I expect the digitised announcers will be used as much as the PA system on
Queanbeyan station (once in a blue moon by the ARHS when specials are
running), or as much as the destination indicators fitted to some CityRail
trains.  Still, they have to find some way to spend the money!

Regards
David Bennetts