Re: 42106 an update

Michael Walker wrote:

> >He doesn't reply to every message. i do not mind him replying to so many
> >messages as he probably knows more then anyone else in this group about
> >sydney trains.
> >
> >Yes him having a go at me can be annoying but I know it is in fun. It is
> not
> >an argument.
> >
> >All this is  are basically *IN JOKES* between the people on this group who
> >actually know each other.
> >--
> Stuart, as you support freedom of speech, maybe you should support David's
> right to speak as he wishes on the newsgroup (as long as of course it is
> relevant, as we all indeed should).
>
> Having said that, maybe the in-jokes should be cut back a little to ensure
> this is a welcoming group to all and maybe potentially insulting comments
> should be directed only to those we KNOW don't mind. I'm sure Eben can take
> a joke (he must be able to otherwise he still wouldn't be here with us).
> However, we ought to be encouraging more use of this group so we all can
> benefit from each others experiences and interest in a common topic.
>
> Thank you. (/soapbox mode)
>
> May I also take this opportunity to (in the Cityrail sense) command you all
> for an enjoyable newsgroup that isn't sterile but is interesting and helps
> me keep in touch with whats going on round the traps. (/encouragement mode)

I support Michael in making the group more friendly. There are a lot of
people who see the postings but rarely make a reply as they dont want to
get involved with this sort of thing. A lot of replies from my postings
come as personal ones from very good people who want to help but not
publicly.
  No arguing would probably encourage these people more.
  I do enjoy the jokes that are passed around amongst members as a lot
of them I actually know or know of. But direct ridicule would not be
good for the hobby.
Thanks Brad
PS- The above was not meant in any way to be taken as being against
either Stuart or David who have both helped me in the past. Thanks